Sunday, February 3, 2013

Learning About The Moon & Solar System

Sometimes I wonder how I taught before Pinterest and all the teacher blogs!  Here are a few pictures of what we have been up to.  I found the Moon Phases idea from http://mrsschmelzer.blogspot.com. (An awesome blog, check it out!)

The Text Evidence Stick is a tool given to us from Kathy B. She visits our School often and is really helpful in navigating how to best teach reading.

















After modeling the Text Evidence Stick, and reading about planets whole group for several days.  I broke the kids into small groups.  They had a Reader, a Writer, and they had to use the Text Evidence stick to show where in the book they found the information.  After 15 minutes or so we came together as a whole group and shared.  This went really well. I am so proud of the kids when they work so well independently!  We made a Book about Planets (I forgot to photo it).  This will come home this week.  Ask your child what he/she has learned.....It will surprise you! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Friendly note to say you were here! I love reading comments!