Friday, May 3, 2013

Pet Day

Today was Pet Day.  This was the last day of our Communities Unit.  I have to say....I love Pet Day. It is fun to watch the kids share something they enjoy.  Plus, Kids simply love animals!! It is a fun day for all.  


First thing this morning I had some unexpected "pets" arrive.    2 turtles.  Wild turtles.  One a snapping turtle and the other a slider. Thankfully they were babies and quite harmless.  The kids loved learning about the turtles and soooo wanted to put their hands in the bucket! :-)

We also had a Cornish Rex named Hops, a mix breed dog named Ellie, two birds named Pink and Blue, and a Pomeranian named Lulu.  

Lastly, to ensure a full, fun day we had a firefighter come in and talk about his career.  The kids were so attentive.  I know some 1st graders that want to be a firefighter when they grow up!  Jason did an excellent job talking about his career and showing all the gear a firefighter has to wear.










































No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Friendly note to say you were here! I love reading comments!